Is There Any More Tea In That Pot?

Everyday events in the life of a tea lover.

Saturday 9 June 2012

A place to unwind............June 9th 2012

Today I was with a small group of friends, and my husband, at a beautiful retreat centre in Worcestershire. It was a fine day at the end of a week of monsoon like weather, which resulted in the cancellation of the first two days of the 3rd Test match in Birmingham.... being a total washout. 
Goodness knows what the West Indian players make of the vagaries of our English climate! The first match being in London in May, in freezing cold conditions, and the second at the end of May in a mini heat wave!!  

Holland House Retreat Centre. Worcestershire.    
It has 3 acres of wonderful grounds which stretch down to the River Avon. Lots of nooks and crannies and hidden corners in which to lose oneself and enjoy the peace. I was sitting in a secluded  spot later in the afternoon, when I fell asleep for awhile. The tension unwinding and the sun warm on my face, listening to the sound of the wind in the trees and the song of a wren, amongst others.   

Each of us chose to relax in the way which was beneficial to the one involved. In the chapel, sketching pictures, snoozing, listening to music, or reading. We were provided with coffee on arrival, and a mid morning snack.    
The chapel.

 Lunch was served at 1.00pm, in a lovely dining-room, with other groups who were there.These were taking part in organised acitivites. We chose to be together as friends at certain times, then gave each other breathing space.  

Then afternoon tea was served at 4.00pm, and so our day came to a close. But I know it won't be the last time................and everyone agreed!
 As I love taking photos, and had not brought my camera along, my mobile phone came in handy. I had it on silent, so I wouldn't be disturbed..............here are one or two taken along the way........    

A quiet corner



A damsel fly by the river
The resident cat! A real softy despite the wild look!




Foxgloves



Love-in-a-mist. 

A secluded bench by the river. Perfect for quiet moments.............  

Need a break..............................I know the perfect place............................................

http://www.hollandhouse.org/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment